Saturday 3 January 2015

Gwamma Bwead

Every summer since i was about 4 years old, my brother, sister and I would walk over to my grandparents cottage from our’s to make homemade bread. We called this fun creation Gramma Bread, but I could only say “Gwamma Bwead”. My family thought it was cute and hilarious, so everyone still calls it Gwamma Bwead!
gM9k5td7SmRouMwc35J-CHQfEYp456dRz9j-tOUb3ga03TVuycbn5vgPiWXlgIRKopu-CqPDqDC2qyg_P4anIZ-EulW9lbYD=w1576-h655
ME AND MY GRAMMA 2002


My gramma would give each kid a ball of dough that she had previously kneeded, for us to make our own special shapes. I used to love the turtle in the movie “Finding Nemo”, so I always make little turtles that would puff up in the oven which got me excited to eat delicious homemade bread.
dbcf0f1c46af41b064edfec8e44f658f.jpg
TURTLE SHAPED DOUGH

Not only did we just eat the bread, but the morning after shaping the dough, the entire Hayter family went on an adventure. Every family member would get into a canoe, kayak or paddle boat, even the dogs! We could go out in our boats as we ate the fresh Gwamma Bwead, drank coffee or hot chocolate and made each other laugh. This tradition never ended as every summer we continue to get everyone together and go out in our pontoon of boats to enjoy the sunrise on the lake. We still make great memories every summer with our Gwamma Bwead, sticky buns and family togetherness. Our family is only getting larger with all of my cousins starting to have children and families of their own. Family is everything to me, and I love being brought together by some puffy, turtle shaped Gwamma Bwead.
10590459_10153105668074972_8163423991171116165_n.jpg
ME WAKEBOARDING AT MY COTTAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment