Thursday 1 January 2015

The Works Restaurant Experience

I chose to eat at my favourite gourmet hamburger restaurant, called The Works.

FRONT OF THE WORKS-BARRHAVEN 


As an appetizer, my parents and I shared the Tower-O-Rings. We also got the chipotle mayo sauce and a ranch sauce. The huge onion rings were hot and addictive, along with tasty, yet not overpowering sauces. All three of us preferred the chipotle mayo sauce, which was recommended by the waitress.
image.aspx
TOWER-O-RINGS


The burger that I ordered was called the Jamaican Jerk. This hamburger was 100% Canadian Beef on a whole wheat bun. The toppings were Jamaican jerk spices and sauce, caramelized onions and tomato.The jerk sauce on the burger was very flavourful there was the perfect amount of spices in the juicy, thick patty. The onions were delicious and sweet and the fresh tomato topped it all off nicely. What I didn't like about the burger is that there was no cheese. I would have liked  some cheddar or my personal favourite, feta. Although the patty was thick, the bun was too thick and took away from some of the flavours, making it a little dry.
jamacian-jerk.png.aspx
JAMAICAN JERK BURGER


http://www.worksburger.com/Burgers/Jamaican-Jerk.aspx

My dad ordered the Man Cave burger which had BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, jack cheese and bacon. He thought there was a bit too much Barbecue sauce on the burger, overpowering the other flavours in the burger. Other than that, he loved the Man Cave.
rough-riders-comeback.png.aspx
MAN CAVE BURGER
http://www.worksburger.com/Burgers/Man-Cave.aspx


My mom ordered a burger called the Babe Watch which included avocado slices and Monterey jack cheese. She enjoyed the burger except she agreed that there was too much bun so she removed the top bun.

sorento-sunset.png.aspx
BABEWATCH  BURGER
http://www.worksburger.com/Burgers/Babewatch.aspx


The restaurant setting felt like we were in an underground railway. It was dark and the decorations were cemented into the brick walls. It was open concept and I felt too close to the other tables around me, as there were too many tables crammed into a small area. I liked the creativity in the light bulb salt & pepper shakers, the measuring cups for drinks and the metal platters for the meal.
photo-6.JPG
WALL DECORATIONS


http://40dines40weeks.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-works-gourmet-burger-bistro.html

The customer service was fairly good, although our food took a while to arrive after we ordered. Other than that, we were given great advice on what to order (such as sauces, sides and beer for my dad) and the waitress seemed very well informed with the menu.

the-works-salt-and-pepper-shaker.jpg

Overall, my parents and I had a brilliant experience at The Works in Barrhaven and we will definitely return to try all the different gourmet burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment